With declining trust in institutions and increasing trust and connnection with peers via the internet, women are choosing blogging over tv, chocolate and other vices. Note the below details on the Compass created survey of women on blogging. Thanks to eBrand for the summary.
- 50% of those surveyed regard blogs as a highly reliable or very reliable source of information.
- Only 30% of respondents said that a blog influenced their purchase decision. 50% said that blogs do not impact purchase decisions (this is surprising see reviews greatly influence purchasing decisions.).
- The blogging community is passionate – before
giving up participating in the blogosphere:
– 43% would give up reading the newspaper or
– 50% would give up their PDAs
– 42% would give up their i-Pod
– 55% would even give up alcohol
What does this mean for marketers? Entering the conversation on blogs, blog advertising and at minimal blogosphere participation are climbing the list of priorities. Are you in the blog business? Why or why not?